Monday, November 14, 2011

Satisfaction & Whisky Talk


 

So, as my first "working" Whisky Live festival has drawn to a close, I finally have a moment to reflect....


 

To do my job, the one essential requirement is a deep passion for whisky. That I have, no problems there. The next requirement is that one needs to be a relatively good teacher. Its strange, I never considered this to be a talent of mine before venturing into whisky, but the more trainings and tastings I do, the more I realize ( post comments) that I somehow do actually have a teaching element in me.

How do I know if I have been "successful"? Someone will come up to me, after trainings or tastings and tell me that they learned 'something' or 'a lot' and that's what I am here for, as ambassador its about spreading the knowledge, the passion.

On Friday night I had a goosebump moment, after my last Macallan Maturation Zone class, I had two gents come chat to me. They said they have been drinking and enjoying whisky for the past 6 years, and in that 25 minute class they learned more than they have in the past 6 years. With moments like those, job satisfaction is easy, because it reflects as a job well done!


 

As its back to my normal work week, I find myself missing being surrounded by whisky lovers, folks who have this deep love for the golden dram. And it's back to the office, back to the laptop and office banter.

So I say a final farewell to Whisky Live 2011, I will finish this Monday off with a Highland Park Hjarta ( only reserved for special occasions) and reminisce on the energy and passion of the wonderful whisky world players who convened on African soils for 2 brilliant weeks.


 

Thank you for your passion, your knowledge and your time!


 

Slainte

No comments:

Post a Comment