Monday, January 17, 2011

Malt Whisky Cocktails and Jazz bars: hello Edinburgh!

Once again I am blown away by the extreme charm and hospitality of the Scots! I have spent the last 2 days eating, drinking and shopping in Edinburgh(3 of my favourite things...)

2 bars have stood out in their authenticity and amazing cocktails. The Bramble ( had a cocktail made with a peaty Glenglassough) an exceptionally acquired taste but delicious! Then @ Monteiths had a" blood and sand" made with Chivas 12. Very easy drinking, and incredibly well balanced. Single malt whisky cocktails are the norm here, think it might take a while to hit SA.

Hit The Jazz Bar too, great vibe, amazing artists paired superbly well with Macallan 10 Fine Oak. Tomorrow we're off to Highland Park, my excitement I can't explain... This distillery is the most Northerly in Scotland and is home to the Best Spirit in the World.. Um yes...this is a wee bit of Candice heaven!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment