Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gratitude for the sense of taste!

I have just experienced a rather nasty summer cold that left me with no taste buds what so ever! Seriously people, it was bad, you could have given me a cup of tea or an Ardbeg, no way I could tell them apart!!! What I have since re-discovered, is that life is incredibly boring without a sense of taste or smell! Slowly but surely my taste receptors are coming back to life and as I sip my Laphroaig I gladly welcome the flavour of peat back into my life... I also have a bottle of Glenmorangie Lasanta waiting for me @ home. At last, I can eagerly tuck into it and not taste from memory, but from the pure delight of having this wonderful sherried dram roll over my tongue and tickle all my tastebuds , welcoming them back to the big, bold, powerful world of whisky!
Slainte
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment