Thursday, October 14, 2010

A proud Ardbeg Committee Member!!!

Today to my extreme delight, there was "whisky mail" waiting for me in my post box. A little while ago, upon my return from Islay, I joined the Ardbeg Committee. It was an easy on line sign-up I thought for such a prestigious committee. And today, I opened the little wooden post box, and there lying amongst the junk mail, was an envelope, with a beautiful black and white photograph of Ardbeg on the front and an Ardbeg seal on the back.
Oh the joy!

I carefully placed it in my bag, and headed to Origin to enjoy a well made crafted flat white, and open this most wonderful arrival.

The letter addressed to Candice states (with much love and appreciation) that I am member number 403380. Inside the envelope is a "follow your nose history booklet" and a Rules and Regulations booklet, filled with light hearted yet important information. Like how to properly taste an Ardbeg and "narrative support for use when dispensing or consuming your dram"
It made me smile, it made me reminisce about Islay and its natural beauty, rugged coastline, 100% real people, oh and its delicious whisky of course.

My trip to Ardbeg was probably one of my most wonderful memories of my Scottish journey.
I set foot, from Laphroaig to Ardbeg, almost a 6 km walk (no taxi to be booked for lil ol me) so with my mini Laphroaig in one hand, a bag over each shoulder and camera in the other hand,off I went along the narrow island road.

The weather so kindly presented all 4 seasons , it went from mild, to sunny spots, to windy, to rainy...
Alone, on foot, I felt very alive, what other 24year old whisky crazed South African women had taken that little journey ? Um... I suspect I might be the only one.
Arriving @ Ardbeg was a joyous moment, the lunch came in @ perfect timing and the tour and tasting with Jackie was just amazing!

Now as a proud Ardbeg committee member, I urge you to try this little gem: its bold, complex and a truly wonderful peaty whisky. Once a fan, its tough to find another dram that matches the beauty that is delivered by Ardbeg.

Slainte
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment