Saturday, August 7, 2010

Edinburgh and Bagpipes in the sun

In the sun, sipping a Peroni( just finished a stunning tomato pasta), it feels as if the sun is shinning directly on me, and me alone. I have spent the afternoon wondering the stunning streets of Edinburgh, Fringe festival is up and running so there is an electric vibe. The Royal Mile is buzzing with local shops including the famous "royal mile whiskies" ( which ships whisky all around the world) cheese delis and cashmere shops. Local amazingly talented musicians perform on the street corners, men are wearing kilts (yay) , and people are basking in the rare Scottish sun.
I don't know why it is, but over the last few months, every time I hear bagpipes, I get tears in my eyes... I know many people find the peculiar sound utterly annoying, but for me it evokes emotion and instant heritage. Edinburgh is wonderful, I would have preferred to discover this city with a few close friends, but none the less, I am a solo traveller this time round and making the most of it!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment