Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Long Enjoyable Flashback.....

And back in sunny Cape Town , it was time to get ready for the much anticipated and eagerly awaited, Traditional Highland Ball. I got the dress sorted, and the Cape Grace BMW Chauffeur drive to the CTICC. Daniel and George (my two managers) accompanied me ( all kitted out in their " Bascule" kilts) and we made our way over to the venue, to host a few Bascule Whisky Members.
And what a night it turned out to be! I was in my element, bagpipes echoed though the Ballroom, their emotionally charged performance was welcomed and thoroughly enjoyed ( yes, yes, I cant help myself, I did get tears in my eyes ......again....)
One of the other highlights of the evening, was a moving and emotional tribute to Don Paul, the South African Whisky Legend. I never had the fortune to meet or work with him before his passing. I was truly saddened by the tribute presented, as I believe any of us, who have a passion for whisky, and who work in the industry lost a guru and mentor, without fully realising it...
Thank you Don Paul, you might not know if, but you have made me more passionate and enthusiastic about educating the public about this wonderful golden spirit we have all come to love. May you rest in peace, and may Scottish Angels always be by your side.
Onto a lighter note, the Bascule Table was a blast, thanks gents! Really had a great time! The Scottish dancers, bagpipers and whisky entertained for hours, and the dance floor was also made use of......
I am in the process of uploading my photos from Scotland onto the relevant entries ( please do note that all the major whisky hopping and touring took place on the first 2 pages, explore away....)
Slainte

No comments:

Post a Comment