Thursday, August 5, 2010

Walking 3 miles along Islay's tiny road- Laphroaig to Ardbeg











Wish I could have had a camera man with me... It was HiLARIOUS! I walked 3 miles ( 1 mile = about 1.6km) from distillery to distillery. Please note chaps, this road is TINY, no lines, no shoulders, and defiantly no pedestrian path...
Could not book a taxi, so walked the almost 5 km's... It was sunny @ the beginning, took some stunning snaps.... Then got a tad cold + drizzly ( thanks ma for your rain jacket) so believe it or not, I whipped out my mini Laphroaig Quarter cask whisky and had a little slug...I mean, why not on Islay, and had the wee dram in my bag... Believe me I did laugh @ myself... Me , the only pedestrian for 4.8 Km, 2 heavy bags, camera in 1 hand, whisky in the other , rain and sheep keeping me company...what a superb experience! Now @ Ardbeg, about to have a bite to eat, then touring the distillery @ 3.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment