Tuesday, August 10, 2010

These are a few of my favourite things..

Hit a few great spots yesterday,I was left to my own devices. Hit Oxford street early, not my favourite place to shop as its soooo full of tourists, none the less, my credit card was...um... Abused. Then I needed some tlc, so hit EAT, one of the widely accessible local cafes. Very fresh produce always! Great sarmie... I then roamed the West End streets, not just the big names, but the smaller side allies too...less tourists, more to see. Covent Garden still remains one of my favourite areas in London, popped into a relatively new spot called Ella's- best Red Velvet Cupcakes, once again, I fell in love! Roamed a few more hours, and then lay in Green Park, looking up @ the trees & watching the Londoners sun themselves...
I met up with my dear friend Cath @ Albannach bar in Trafalgar Square which claims to be a "whisky bar" so I had to try it out:
Nice location - see the whole of Trafalgar square.
Waitress you could hear was not a whisky buff... But friendly.
Good selection on the menu, but strangely some of the more usual cats missing , no Glenmorangie or Highland Park 12, not much Macallan either.
Very suave decor inside, took a few snaps, will upload shortly. They have a few whisky tasting options ( some very similar to Bascules)
Overall rating regarding whisky 6/10... Oh and they also claim to have the best fish and chips in town....
We went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen for dinner, great vibe, speedy service and superb burgers( Garlic Mayo and Avo and Bacon burgers were tested 10/10!) Had a very yum Kiwi beer too, upload pic later... Spent the evening wondering the side roads of the West End... Great atmosphere, people spilling out onto the roads from over-packed pubs, Londoners really come out in full force when the sun comes out to play!Oh and also popped into National Portrait Gallery, wonderful spot - free entrance, I did my cultural thing :)
My trip is slowly coming to close...
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment