Thursday, August 5, 2010

Luggage retuned...finally, Pot Still Bar and quick flight to Islay







Arrived in Glasgow last night after an almost 3 hour train journey. Tom my previous host recommended the Pot Still Bar in Hope street, for its huge whisky selection... So off I went at 7:30 sun still high to find this local treasure... Easily more than 500 whiskies, I nestled myself onto a bar stool, and gazed across the walls to try decide which whisky to try that we don't have in Bascule and of course which was in my price range...
This typical local pub style bar did not have a whisky menu, so to get things flowing I did a quick (stunning as usual) Highland Park 12, there tots are 35ml,compared to our 25ml, so it was well worth the few pounds. Met a lovely American couple, striked up a chat about whisky.( He was doing a mini self tutored tasting, I felt obliged to throw in my 2 cents....) Ordered a Bruichladdich Waves ( we don't stock it) and the conversation flowed from Safaris, to Cognac to American politics( the gent worked directly for Clinton back in the day) to life in Dubai...
We said our farewells, and I made my way to my 'lil hotel for the night. Literally as I checked in,behind me was my dear lost luggage with the courier!! Wow, was I a happy puppy... Good nights rest, now I'm checked in and. Sit eagerly waiting in the departures lounge to board my wee plane to Islay, the heart of Peat... Laphroaig and Ardbeg later, folks I'm just a touch excited...slainte

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment