Friday, August 6, 2010

Waking up so the sounds of a weather change...

Islay was very good to me yesterday. Sunny patches, gorgeous white clouds. No wind. This morning I set my alarm to squeeze in a discovery walk before breakfast. Curtains still all closed, I awoke, and I could hear the waves and wind, slightly more so than when I went to bed last night... Mind you, the waves are more similar to lapping water than Sea Point's crashing waves... But there was a change...The waves are coming in faster, more rapidly, and as the rain splatters upon my windows (now framed by open curtains), and the wind blows (rather determinedly) upon the old beveled glass, I lie in bed, coffee in hand, happy not to be outside walking, but rather snuggled up in my comfy bed, overlooking the choppy grey ocean. And apart from nature, no other sounds come into play this morning. There are no cars, no sirens, no construction... The weather might have evolved over night and made itself more audible, but this is still quiet, serene, un-touched nature...
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment